Rat Exterminator Services
Have rats weasled their way into your Florida home? Contact us, ASAP!
South Florida Rat Extermination
It’s important to get rats out of your Florida home as quickly as possible. For one thing, they carry nasty diseases and, for another, they can damage your home, chewing through wires and more. To top it off, they multiply quickly. Even if you start off with a small population, it can quickly become an infestation. So, if you’re in need of a rat exterminator near you, contact Gregory’s Pest Control for a fast, effective response.
Rats spread more than 35 diseases, both indirectly and directly, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). These range from hantavirus to listeria, from salmonellosis, rat-bite fever, the plague, and more—spread through their droppings and saliva, urine and nesting materials, scratches, bites, and more.
Unfortunately, after rats settle into your Florida home, getting rid of them through DIY methods can be difficult. That’s when you need a rat exterminator to take care of the problem.
Wondering if you have an infestation? Here are the signs.
Signs of a Rat Infestation
Watch out for the following:
- Rodent feces: These can be found by their nests, close to food sources, and where the rats travel through the house.
- Signs of chewing: You might spot these signs on wood, walls, and floors. If they chew through wires, it can trigger a house fire.
- Gnawed-through food packages: Rats will chew through paper, plastic, cardboard and more to get to food.
- Shredded material: This is likely what they’re using to build and maintain nests, and can be paper, plants, insulation, fabric or something else.
- Unpleasant odors: A urine smell can be one sign. Something much more unpleasant can be a dead or dying rat.
- Unusual behavior from your pets: If they’re especially attentive, they may be spotting the rats.
- Scratching and scurrying sounds: These can be more common at night.
Because just one female rat can give birth six times a year, with as many as a dozen babies per time, it’s important to proactively secure rat removal services before the population gets out of control. One estimate suggests that just one pair of rats can swell into 1,250 through exponential growth in one year’s time.
How to Prevent Rats From Getting In
Rats are crafty creatures, only needing a hole the size of a quarter to get into your Florida home. So, to keep them out, seal up any cracks, crevices, or holes into your home, including around utility pipes. Other strategies include these:
- Make sure your food is tightly sealed up to prevent easy access, using glass or plastic containers.
- Check that garbage cans are tightly lidded to prevent them from accessing food scraps.
- At night, wipe crumbs and spills from your counters and appliances; wash all dishes; and empty pet bowls of food.
- If you have bushes or tree limbs near your home, trim them regularly to prevent rodents from using them as entry points inside.
Rat Control Services
Our experienced, trained technicians will inspect your home, looking for rodent activity, entry points into your home, and more. After providing a free inspection and estimate, we’ll share our rat control process with you and answer any questions. Overall, it involves advanced trapping strategies and baiting techniques to take care of any rats already in the home. Next, through our exclusion services, we’ll seal up entry points and otherwise prevent rodents from re-entering your Florida home.
In addition, through our monitoring and maintenance services, we’ll provide you with total rodent control services. This is accomplished through the placement of tamper-free bait stations throughout your Florida home, doing so strategically to provide comprehensive rodent control. As part of our annual service plan, we’ll continue to monitor and maintain these bait stations.
Satisfaction Guaranteed with Rat Pest Control
Few things are as unpleasant as having to kill and remove rodents from your home. So, don’t. Let our trained technicians take care of the rat population for you, doing so quickly and effectively. The reality is that, once you’ve spotted one rat (or seen signs of their presence), there’s often plenty more nesting in hidden places in your home—and our rat exterminator team knows where they like to hide.
Our rat control services come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If, after our technicians come to your home, you have rodent issues still to resolve, just let us know. We’ll gladly return, free of charge.
Schedule your FREE pest evaluation!